Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Colors Popcorn

On St. Patrick's Day I had a great popcorn idea, but I messed it up so there I sat with a big bowl of popcorn and nothing fun to do with it. Then my mother (the best cook on earth) gave me this idea - turn the popcorn green and yummy ... and done within minutes!! It's a great spring treat and this sticky popcorn can even be turned into yummy popcorn balls!
Here's what you need: 1 cup sugar, 1 cup Karo, 1 small box Jell-o (any kind), microwave popcorn (popped/butter flavored)





Here's what you do:
Put sugar and Karo (corn syrup) in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in 1 small box jell-o. Pour over popcorn and eat as is or mold into popcorn balls!

3 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

We are fans of popcorn... this would liven it up for sure! Cute idea too! Thanks!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is awesome! I wish I had found your blog prior to St. Patrick's Day. Oh well, I'll just have to link to your future posts!

Carianne said...

I used cherry flavored Jell-o instead cause that is all I had and it was for an easter party. Turned out super yummy! Thanks for this recipe.