Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pup Cakes

I made these for my Dog's birthday party and they were a hoot!I got the idea from this greatest cupcake book of all time!Here's what you need: cupcakes, frosting, mini marshmallows, tootsie rolls, decorative things (the recipe calls for black jellybean for the nose, I think mini m&m's for the eyes and a pink circus peanut for the tongue but I didn't want to buy a whole bag of m&m's and jellybeans just for the brown/black ones so I used chocolate chips for the eyes, a chocolate covered peanut for the nose and a pink airhead for the tongue). Simplify! ;)

Here's what you do: put a dollop of frosting and 3 mini marshmallows where you want the 'nose' to be. Then cover the marshmallows and rest of the cupcake with frosting and add the face parts! Eyes, nose, tongue! The ears are flattened tootsie rolls. We put them in the microwave for a few seconds to soften them and then rolled them out with a rolling pin.

What do you think? Do they look a little like my dog?

2 comments:

buttsfam said...

So Cute and Fun! You did a great job!

Bugg's mama said...

That's awesome. Hilarious, actually. I'd feel weird eating my dog, but then again, I'm scared of dogs. Can you believe me?

Bugg has sent me vibes that he is having THE best time at school. I love all the fun stuff he brings home. Thank you so so so much!

Love, Bree